A programmable thermostat is a device that is installed along with your HVAC unit to adjust the temperature according to a series of programmed settings that take effect at different times of the day.
Save Money and Increase your Home's Efficiency
One of the great things about a programmable thermostat is that it can save you money. You can program it during times when your family is not home, during the night, or when you are away on vacation. By installing a programmable thermostat, you can quickly see the savings offset the minimal cost of upgrading to a programmable thermostat.
The U.S Department of Energy suggests the following settings in order to save up to 15% on your energy bill:
• For the hours you’re home and awake, program the temp to 68°F.
• Lower by 10° to 15° for the hours you’re asleep or out of the house.
• For the hours you’re home, program air conditioning to 78°F.
• For the days you don’t need cooling, manually shut off the AC. Keep in mind, it will kick back on if the house gets too warm.
• Program the AC to shut off during the hours you’re out of the house.
Whether you have a new or older HVAC unit, you can always upgrade your thermostat to a programmable thermostat.
Contact the technicians at our office for more information!